"Parents and carers appreciate the warm and welcoming atmosphere of the school"
Ofsted January 2020
As a community school the local authority decide our admission arrangements. Please contact the local authority or click on the admissions link below for more information.'
Leading Parent Partnership Award – LPPA
Woodbank Primary School has developed positive parent relationships over a number of years. In November 2019 we signed up to the Leading Parent Partnership Award. This is a national award that provides a coherent framework through which schools, early years settings and other educational organisations can deliver effective parent engagement from early years to post-16.
Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)
What does the school have to do to achieve the award?
The school has meet nine evidence-based objectives below to achieve the award:
1. Demonstrate a commitment to work towards achieving the LPPA;
2. Make and implement effective plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA;
3. Show the school is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents;
4. Promote the awareness and participation of all groups of parents/carers in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation;
5. Provide a good induction for all new parents/carers;
6. Provide parents/carers with relevant guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning;
7. Produce and implement parent-friendly policies to establish effective home-school links and to improve children’s attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school;
8. Provide good support for all parents as their children move through or leave the school;
9. Summarise our achievements against the LPPA objectives and outlines for our future plans.
Schools that achieve the LPPA award report:
- Improved punctuality, attendance and behavior
- Improved pupil or student progress
- Increased parental involvement in consultation and learning activities
- Increased number and range of parents actively involved with the school
Each term the LPPA working party meet to work through each of the nine objectives and collate evidence for the school portfolio.
What can families do to help Woodbank Primary School achieve this award?
- Read all newsletters and publicity we send out
- Come along to our events if you can
- Complete any questionnaires or surveys we send out
- Come and speak with us directly if you have any questions
We look forward to seeing you at our events, assemblies, training events etc.
Please see the 'Letters' page for up to date letters
Online Shopping? Buying from Amazon? Booking a holiday? Tackling the garden? Use Schoolangel and raise money for our school too
Woodbank School Uniform
Click on the links below:
Our uniform can be purchased from:
No earrings to be worn.
Buy your school uniform from My Clothing Ltd and a 5% donation goes to Woodbank
Brandlesholme Road, Bury, Lancashire, BL8 1AX
0161 761 1253