Online safety remains a priority for children. Please ensure that you child is only able to assess age appropriate materials. We are aware that some children have social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and Twitter – guidelines for these sites have a 13 yr+ age recommendation so we would ask that parents reconsider their children’s access to these sites.
Please see the guides below for more information
What Parents need to know about:
We strongly advise you to check the age guidelines on any of the above and ask that parents reconsider their children’s access to these sites.
E Safety 10 Top Tips for Children and Young People
- Treat your password like your toothbrush – keep it to yourself!
- Only give your mobile number or personal website address to trusted friends.
- Block the bully – learn to block or report someone who is behaving badly.
- Save the evidence – learn how to keep records of offending text messages, pictures or online conversations.
- Don’t retaliate or reply.
- Check your profile and make sure it doesn’t include any personal information.
- Always respect others – be careful what you say online and what images you send.
- Think before you send – whatever you send can be made public very quickly and could stay online forever.
- Look out for your friends – and do something if you think they are at risk.
- Tell your parent, carer or a teacher if something or someone makes you feel uncomfortable or worried.
Brandlesholme Road, Bury, Lancashire, BL8 1AX
0161 761 1253